Dear IMT Family,
It seems like a lifetime ago since IMT was advised by the government to shut the doors due to the Covid 19 pandemic in March 2020. Little did we think back then what an impact this virus would have on our sector. Currently there is a big campaign for the government to address the fact that the Performing Arts Schools and Music Industry has yet to be given a clear template to re-open, and it is hoped with the increasing pressure currently being put on the Department of the Arts, that said road map will be sanctioned and we will be in a position to safely resume classes that we enjoy and have missed so much!
Obviously we need to receive clear guidelines, clarity and permission to re-open, however in order to have that practical option, IMT would like to reach out to all its students, family and friends with this updated message highlighting the intended structure and timetable should the government sanction the required roadmap.
IMT Proposed Schedule
- New Academic Year commencing Saturday September 4th in Ballycanew N.S. for Wexford and Gorey branches.
- Classes in The National Opera House will be reviewed once the Wexford International Opera Festival concludes after mid-term break.
- Mid Term Break October 23rd-30th.
- Term 2 commencing November 6th to December 11th.
- All Private Classes and RIAM Exams will be facilitated either in situ or online.
- Young Artist Programme students will be offered an opportunity to perform in a recital as part of the Wexford Opera Festival – provisional date Friday October 22nd.
- It is hoped to reschedule the cancelled IMT March 2020 concert in December 2021.
At this point, we are not in a position to confirm group classes, however we would greatly appreciate advising your intention to join or to return (or not), should the government give us permission to do so. We are sure you can appreciate it takes time and consideration to timetable accordingly. We are hopeful to have everything in place resuming on September 4th. Similarly we would be very grateful if all private students could advise if they are returning, or indeed if those in group classes would like to consider individual tuition.
Before our classes concluded in March 2020, we were busily preparing for our Jerome Hynes Theatre presentation in The National Opera House, with both branches combining as one cohort to prepare for The IMT Showcase. This proved a most successful venture, and we are hopeful that this format may work to everyone’s advantage once again should we get the green light in September.
We appreciate Covid-19 has affected everyone in many ways, and some more than others, and as a result circumstances may have changed considerably in the past 18 months.
We hope that our IMT family, students and friends are continuing to stay well and keeping a song in their hearts!
Leave A Comment